Saturday 6 September 2014

I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYCLE....

Actually its a very long time since I rode a bicycle I must admit - although they do say that you never forget how to do it!  But this bicycle is a very pretty one, and is one of our most recent releases....


I have gathered together some lovely makes by the team featuring this stamp CI-417 'Country Days', and will pop the images below, plus a step by step by Gio, which also features this stamp in miniature..

Adoring this easel card by Joanna - sooo very pretty...



Followed by a beautiful and colourful mini canvas from Sylvie..


(Also featuring an MDF Birdcage from our Must Haves and the little birds from CI-416)

Now I have a couple of cool cards from Helen, one using Gelatos I believe (and our mask 'Leafy Branches')....



Plus a simple and effective one layer card with the same stamp..


Then here is the step by step by Gio - showing you how she made an old clock surround into this perfectly pretty piece of art...




And this is how she went about making it...
-Stamp the bicycle from the CI-417 on a piece of shrink plastic 


-Heat the shrink plastic until it shrinks and then colour it with some Distress Inks 



-Paint the old metal clock with metallic acrylic paints
-Spread some texture paste through the Leafy Branches' Mask 
 

-Stamp the image from CI-416 on tissue paper 


-Glue the tissue paper to a piece of cardstock on reverse to get the image flipped and colour it with    some Distress Inks 


-Stamp the image from CI-419 'Lovely Day' on canvas and colour it with some Distress Inks, use mask 'Beautiful Butterflies Panel' to add some more colour to the side 



-Insert the canvas into the clock, glue the birds and the bicycle to the border of the clock,
And here is the lovely finished article again..


Hope you have enjoyed the display tonight?! - with one more little thing to add - I am going to attend a workshop with the very talented Finnabair next Saturday.  We have been asked to take a sized B&W photograph with us to build our make around.  I thought it more appropriate that I take a stamped image with me, so I have created my own 'B&W photograph'.  Therefore this is the 'before the class' image (its quite tricky colouring in shades of grey and black I found!), and I will show you what happened to it after the class at soon as I can - exciting!


Bye for now, comments always much appreciated!

Jean x

7 comments:

ionabunny said...

Have fun at class. Love the image you stamped and look forward to seeing the after. Great projects from the DT

Craftyfield said...

Great makes with that sweet bicycle image, love Gio's step by step! Your B&W "photo" is great, can't wait to see the result after the Finnabair treatment.

Carol said...

Great DT makes - beautiful shading o n your stamped mage - green with envy at your Finnibair class but cannot wait to see what you create with your beautiful image - ENJOY :)

Cocofolies said...

Gorgeous new projects with this wonderful bicycle by everyone, and Gio's clock is so pretty!!! Thanks for the step-by-step Gio! Enjoy your workshop with Finnabair Jean, that's a great idea to use this lovely image I think, very clever and I'm sure you will make a wonderful canvas or board with it at last.. You will show us. Hugs/Bises Coco xxx

Gio said...

Wonderful samples by the team!!

Enjoy your class with Finnabair, you will love it!

Daniele said...

I'm sure that you will have a great time, I so love her work, have fun and I'm looking forward to seeing the end results
hugs x

Gerrina said...

Some great inspiration again! That clock is wonderfull. I love popping in here...